Friday, June 11, 2010

Fingerprint Friday

There is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that says:
I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know its true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of God

So take a look around and see where YOU see God's fingerprints. Is it in nature? Kids? Animals?
Where do you see them?

Meet my brother Matthew. Today he is graduating!! He is a sweet skyscraper. He wants to be a rock star and a CSI. He is a shining star scholar and has followed in my footsteps by becoming Vice President of his high schools chapter of the National Junior Honor Society. He is also receiving a scholarship for two years of college tuition, books etc. paid in full. We are all very proud of him.

Matthew was born on August 21st and we share the same birth date. He was my 9th birthday present! When I was growing up my friends would always ask me if I felt “ripped off” by having to share my birthday with my little brother. I never felt for one moment felt it was anything but awesome. I see it as being a special blessing. We have celebrated each and every birthday together for the past 18 years.

My brother is today's fingerprint of God not because he is graduating, not even because he is my little brother and I think he is fab. I selected Matt as he is a fingerprint of God. He loves the Lord and this year he received a Timothy award from our churches AWANAS program. This award is not handed out to everyone and it is no way an easy award to achieve. It takes many years of commitment, a huge amount of scripture memorization and a supportive family that is willing to spend hours every week to quiz. The award itself is not really what is important. You can't take it with you. What is important is the good foundation he has.

I am grateful for my not so little brother. Congrats on all the hard work. We love you!!





Owner/Designer
Bears Banners and Graphics

"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash."- Matthew 7:24-27

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from all of you!! So please drop a comment below: