Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Cure a Cold Chicken Soup


I promised this recipe earlier in my post! This soup claims to cure a cold. I believe it! I felt awful and this soup is the only thing that made me feel better and the next day I was almost 100%!!!

Cure a Cold Chicken Soup:

Ingredients:

1-whole fryer with skin on(I used organic)
1-turnip peeled and diced
1-cup cooked brussel sprouts
1-cup green beans stems removed
4-large red bell peppers cored and diced
3-stalks of celery diced
2-cups baby carrots
1-cup of parsley minced
4-bay leaves
1-hand full of fresh oregano leaves(they have to be fresh as dried doesnt have the same effect on your cold).
2-teaspoons salt
2-teaspoons corriander
2-teaspoons hungarian paprika
2-large yellow onions diced
18-cloves of garlic minced(I used two heads).
Optional: baby red potatoes diced with skins on

Directions:

-Wash chicken thoroughly
-In a large stock pot place chicken fill pot with enough water to cover.
-Boil for 1/2 hour skim off fat or foam
-Add all spices and cook over reduced heat for 1/2 hour
-Add all veggies and cook for 1-2 hours


Enjoy!!!

What do you do when you have a cold? Any home remedies?

Hubby now has the cold. So I am making another pot of soup today :)

Hugs and stay well!!

Vanessa :) XX

1 comment:

  1. Yummy soup Lady V, I just have to sleep off a cold. ha good luck finding time for a nap with life the way it is! Hope your dh is better. I just hate being sick.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from all of you!! So please drop a comment below: