Monday, November 2, 2009

Chicken Soup and cold feet!

Hello Ladies!!

Looking for a nice soup to warm you up on these cool fall nights? Then go here to get the recipe from my fellow blog buddy:

http://coveredinchocolatebakeryshoppe.blogspot.com/2009/10/dinner-for-chilly-nights-in-alaska.html?showComment=1257217960358#c4616765000170053184

I was looking for a way to use up some defrosted chicken breasts and WHAM! There was this recipe waiting for my in my subscriptions. It is very tasty and filling with all the veggies. I highly recommend it. Take the recipe and make it your own. I used a whole head of garlic, a can of diced tomatoes, a few bay leaves and half chicken broth/half water. Salt to taste and viola delicious and super easy too!

Do you have a favorite soup recipe that you would like to share? Write a blog post about it and let me know. I am always looking for a few new soup recipes to warm me up.



On a side note here is something I just purchased to warm me up:

Bed Buddy Slippers, my feet get sooooooooo cold in the fall/winter. Heated slippers!! These are only $11.50 on Amazon.com:



They might not be the most fashionable, but if they keep my feet warm. I don’t care!! Ha ha

What do you like to do on these cold fall/winter nights?

Blessings to you!

Vanessa XX

5 comments:

  1. Hi Vanessa
    How crazy ! I just posted a soup recipe too ! I love love soup ! I will have to try yours !I was going through the recent updates in blogs I follow & there you were !!! Cozy little slippers you purchased !!!
    Have a creative & warm day !
    Eunice

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEHEHEHE love it when recipes get used and esp when folks add their own touches to them!! I love your blog.

    Wish you lived in Alaska so you could teach classes on how to do backgrounds (html) for blogs ~ I would be one to sign up for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo you are going to be so warm. I live for soup. I'm a red wine fire kinda girl and good blanket if nothing else is working! xoxo

    SC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love making soup during these cooler months! Those slippers look so cozy too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love making soups too! Bean soups with veggies are high on my list too. Your chicken soup would get devoured in our house!

    As for warm. I just keep a nice blanket on the couch. I run on the hot side so cold is not so bad for me. I kinda look forward to winter!! :)

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from all of you!! So please drop a comment below: