Welcome to today’s edition of Tasty Tuesday! This weekend I was searching for creative and yummy ways to use up a huge package of cream cheese I have that will expire in a few weeks.
I had sooo many wonderful suggestions and I can’t wait to try all of them. Here is a recipe for one of the things I tried. Everyone loved them and I am sure you will too! I am going to call these Dangerously Delicious Danishes. They are sooo good and super easy! Warning you will be hooked! Here is the recipe:
Dangerously Delicious Danishes
2 (10 ounce) cans crescent roll dough
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, diced
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon sour cream
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Slice (unrolled) crescent roll dough into 1/4 inch slices (as if making
slice-and-bake cookie dough).
3. Place slices of dough on cookie sheet and make an indention in the middle.
4. In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, white sugar, lemon juice,
vanilla extract and sour cream.
5. Add a tablespoon of filling to each roll.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
7. In a small bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar, milk and butter.
8. After Danish has cooled, drizzle with icing.
I added a bit of cherry pie filling to some of mine. I did like the plain cheese ones a bit better. The filling is just wonderful and a must if you love cheesecake! Let me know if you give them a try. What is your fave way to use cream cheese? Do a blog post of your own or place a reply below. I love to hear from you all. You are such a crafty and creative bunch!
Vanessa :) XXOO