Thursday, September 3, 2009

Oreo Truffles = Diet Fail!

I wanted to share with you all what evil shenanigans I was up to this evening..

As you can see.. MAJOR DIET FAIL! My husband calls this picture evil incarnate.. and boy is he right. These were sooo rich and tasty. Here is the recipe:

Oreo Truffles
1lb Oreo cookies (3 sleeves)
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups milk chocolate

1.Using a food processor, grind cookies to a fine powder. With a mixer, blend cookie powder, cream cheese and vanilla extract until thoroughly mixed (there should be no white traces of cream cheese).
2.Roll into small balls and place on wax-lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate for at least45 minutes.
3.Line two cookie sheets with wax paper. In double-boiler****, melt milk chocolate. Dip balls and coat thoroughly. With slotted spoon, lift balls out of chocolate and let excess chocolate drip off. Place on wax-paper-lined cookie sheet and let cool.
4.Store in airtight container, in refrigerator.
***Don’t skip the double boiler chocolate melting method!!!! It makes a huge difference.. the microwave will cook the chocolate too much and it wont coat the truffles smoothly!


I have some cream cheese that is nearing expiration in the fridge (in a week or so and I have 5 packages!!) Didn’t have any other ideas for them besides Oreo truffles and cheesecake.. sigh..if you have any recipes using cream cheese PLEASE TELL ME in the comments below!!! I don’t want all of this to to go waste. As you can see my oreo truffles lead to dipping whole oreos in chocolate and then dipping graham crackers in chocolate. I will freeze most of these goodies though. Tomorrow is going to be cherry cheesecake. My hubby has it sooooo tough ha ha.

Vanessa :)

6 comments:

  1. I started making these truffles a few years ago and love them. I actually used them as a bridal shower favor in cute cellophane bags. Stopped by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so mean.... And giving me the recipe when I have oreos in the cupboard is even more mean...

    I think I shall make some tonight... Darn you!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep im a mean one! They are scary tasty.. and have the same texture as a truffle.. hard to believe they came from oreos! Super rich :D one of these takes away my cravings.. but I have two for good measure ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vanessa
    Those look so yummy ! Mine would look like a lump ! I have an older post on my blog for a recipie using cream cheese http://ltthings.blogspot.com/2008/02/simple-and-easy.html

    Another one my whole family loves is a pkg of cream cheese and one jar of whipped marshmallow cream mix well with your mixer and serve with fresh fruit , I love it !
    Eunice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from all of you!! So please drop a comment below: