Saturday, August 1, 2009

Julia Child and a Saturday Spotlight

Today I am spending the day watching a tribute to Julia Child on PBS. If its on in your area I suggest you tune in. You can really gather some great inspiration from such a delightful and seasoned chef.

A few of my favorite Etsy sellers that take pride in their creations....

Some of you will notice that I love my handmade soap. The reason? It leaves your skin silky smooth, sweet smelling, moisterized and they never dry you out! I just ordered some of this beautiful fragrant Gardenia soap available from http://soapyblessings.etsy.com/

I had the wonderful opportunity to do a trade with Nicole from Nicoles Handmade Treats. These Cashew Clusters were to die for!! Much better than anything you can pick up at your local supermarket. I find myself craving them often..sadly sugar is out for now.. but I HIGHLY reccommend her treats! Delicious chocolate creations available from http://nikid.etsy.com/

Wanna spice up your life? Then grab a set of custom blended spices created with love by Deirdre at Kitchen Stories. Her artfully blended spices are delicious and can turn that boring chicken into a new fine dining experience. I ordered her "3 blends for $15.00" deal. My choices were Greek Herb(great on greek salad!), Italian Herb(wonderful on pizza!) and Cajun Spice(Delicious on baked chicken!). Spices are available from http://KitchenStories.etsy.com

I suppose Julia got me in the mood for food today.

Shop handmade and be crafty & creative today!

Vanessa :)

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring Vanessa! I appreciate it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for the movie to come out! I think I squealed when I saw the preview! Thanks Vanessa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vanessa,
    Welcome to Blog World! I started blogging because like you I enjoyed reading them and decided to start my own. You are off to a great start and I look forward to following you.
    Enjoy! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too about the movie. Beautiful items that you chose Lady V. Trish's soap looks like you could eat it! These kinds of pics wish I could just pluck from the screen. hope you are having a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to that turkey taco recipe...I have ground turkey ready to roll for something interesting. Let me know when ya get that one up!
    Fellow SITSta,
    T.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from all of you!! So please drop a comment below: